I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.
1 Corinthians 4:4 (ESV)
Can mortal man be in the right before God? Can a man be pure before his Maker?
Job 4:17 (ESV)
- Two complementary Bible verses for each day of the year
- nicely arranged on multiple lines for readability
- on your smartphone, tablet or computer, as an e-book and screen saver
- on your website
- in more than 25 languages and Bible editions
- free of cost
- The Word is but a foretaste of the complete Bible, providing a daily impulse for a personal encounter with God.
Why the Bible?
- The Bible has been published in more languages than any other book of the world!
- We are unable to know God, our Creator, by our own means.
- But through the Bible, God speaks to us.
- The Bible declares that we have been separated from God by our own fault.
- Jesus Christ has made it possible for us to meet God personally and to live in peace with Him.
Download and Online Services
Apps for The Word
The Word on your website
Bible Editions and Languages
English Standard Version
The English Standard Version (ESV) is an essentially literal translation of the Bible in contemporary English. Created by a team of more than 100 leading evangelical scholars and pastors, the ESV Bible emphasizes word-for-word accuracy, literary excellence, and depth of meaning. Read more at https://esv.org.
Read The Word for today from the English Standard Version.
The Word in other Languages
Can I read The Word in my favorite Bible edition?
Please contact us!
We need permission from the publisher of the Bible edition and a person supporting us in preparing the Bible verses.
Who we are
- We are a number of Christians from all over the world.
- We love the Word of God.
- Many people rightly take offense at Christians, churches or religion in general, rejecting them all. Indeed, the ground staff of God has failed miserably.
- But God never fails – God is love! By means of "The Word" we invite you to meet with the Creator on a personal basis.
The Idea of the "Bible 2.0" Project
- An important principle of Bible study is: “Scripture explains itself”.
- This happens, for example, when you find a related verse and jot it down in the side margin of your Bible.
- On our site bible2.net we collect such pairs of complementing Bible verses (cross-references) and use them for "The Word".
- The term "2.0" means "working together via Internet": Christians share their knowledge of the Bible, and this will eventually benefit readers of other languages.
- Get involved and contact us: contact.
For Software Developers
From the Team
is a software developer by profession (Java, C++, XML) and lives with his wife in Böblingen in southern Germany. His spiritual home is the free protestant church, where he passionately preaches and makes music.
By his study of theology at Regent College (Vancouver) he discovered his love for the original languages of the Bible. In his spare time, he translates and publishes books, including a German translation of the New Testament.