BiblePix - The Word on a background image
BiblePix shows The Word:
* in many languages
* as a Desktop background image
* in e-mail signatures
* in the terminal
* randomly changing images and languages
* slide show
- Tcl/Tk library
- additional packages tDom and tkimg (or libtk-img)
Should any of these be missing on your computer, this is the recommended way to install:
Windows: Download and install ActiveTcl.
Linux: Install through your system software management, or enter one of the following quick commands in a terminal, depending on the system:
- sudo apt-get install tcl tk tcllib tdom libtk-img (Debian/Ubuntu)
- sudo emerge tdom tkimg (Gentoo)
- sudo yum install tdom tkimg (Fedora)
- sudo yast -i tcl tk tcllib tkimg tdom (OpenSuse)
- sudo urpmi tkimg tdom (Mandriva)
git clone https://github.com/biblepix/Biblepix.git ; tclsh Biblepix/prog/src/biblepix-setup.tcl
Windows: Click on the link below to download and install.
Linux: Click on the link below to download and install. If the Setup program does not start automatically, do one of the following to run it:
- In a terminal type: cd [PATH TO FILE] ; tclsh BiblePix-Installer.tcl
- In a file manager: right-click on file, option "Open with..." and choose tclsh.
- In a file manager: right-click on file, option "Attributes", and choose "make executable". Then double-click on file to run.
|Download installer||1 MB||
15Feb14: Added slide show
11Mch14: Added Tcl
1May15: Added Windows
April16: Published version 2.2 with new features
April16: Published version 2.3 with safer installation routines
September17: Published version 2.4 with new features like better font selection, shadow fonts etc.
Current version: 2.4
Systems: LINUX (tested on Gentoo, Kubuntu, Ubuntu), WINDOWS (tested on Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10)
Author: Peter Vollmar (http://vollmar.ch)